Lorrie R. Semler, AAA
Appraisal Organizations & Activities:
International Society of Appraisers, Associate Member (12/92 - 3/93)
International Society of Appraisers, Accredited Member (ISA, 3/93 - 1/97)
International Society of Appraisers, Certified Member (CAPP, 1/97 - 9/07)
- Chair, Electronic Information Services Committee (12/94 - 7/97)
- Member, Membership Committee (3/95 - 5/96)
- Nominating Committee: Vice Chair (5/98 - 3/00), Chair (3/00 - 4/02)
- Distance Education Instructor (5/99 - 9/07)
- Onsite Core Course Instructor (2/04 - 9/07)
- Vice Chair, Designation & Review (3/00 - 4/02)
North Texas Chapter, International Society of Appraisers, Member (2/93 - 12/03)
- Treasurer, 1994 - 1995
- Secretary, 1996
American Society of Appraisers, Accredited Member (4/98 - 7/04)
Appraisers Association of America, Certified Member (since 2004)
ISA/CAPP Core Courses:
- 101—Ethical conduct and procedures; communications and business practices
- 102—Terminology; identification and authentication procedures; market and price research methodology; preliminary and limited appraisal report writing
- 103—Narrative report writing and the principles of appraising for Federal Tax Functions and the legal aspects of appraising
ISA Specialty Courses:
- 201—Appraisal of Residential Contents
- 301—Expert Witness
- Appraisal Report Writing Seminar
- Certified Appraiser of Personal Property Review Course
National Appraisal Consultants Courses:
- Understanding USPAP, A Personal Property Perspective
- Turbo-charging Your Appraisal Practice
American Society of Appraisers Courses:
- Principals of Appraisal Practice and Code of Ethics
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice
- PP213—Principles of Valuation
- ALL300—Appraisal Review
- ALL301—Asset Differences between Disciplines
Texas Auction Academy: 1999 Graduate
Auction Marketing Institute: Certified Estate Specialist
1992 - Present
Sole Proprietor, Semler Appraisals & Estate Liquidations
Appraise residential contents, including: antiques, decorative art, and collectibles in the Dallas and North Texas area. Manage and conduct estate sales and moving sales.
1989 - Present
Sole Proprietor, Yankee Peddler Antiques
Negotiate the purchase and sale of valuable antiques; research items to determine value; merchandise and display antiques; maintain the financial accounts.
Manager, Knox Street Antique Mall
Established policies and procedures for a startup antique mall; leased booths; selected security systems, computer programs, check verification services; hired and managed sales staff; ran the day-to-day operations of the mall.
1983 - 1992
Technical Instructor, Ericsson Network Systems, Northern Telecom, Inc., and ARC Automation Services
Researched and analyzed complex technical telecommunications products to develop course materials; presented courses to technicians and non-technicians; led teams of instructors; implemented new training techniques; organized and set up a self-paced learning center.
1979 - 1982 Graduate Assistant, Texas Woman's University
Conducted extensive research and analysis projects, including library research as well as physiological testing of humans; one project resulted in 110 page report and an abstract published in Dissertation Abstracts International.
1975 - 1979 Instructor/Teacher, College of Great Falls, MT and Summit High School, NJ
Texas Woman's University, Denton, Texas: December, 1986
Ph.D. in Physical Education, with concentration in exercise physiology.
Montclair State College, Montclair, New Jersey: January, 1977
M.A. in Physical Education, with concentration in motor learning.
University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland: December, 1973
B.S. in Physical Education. Graduated with honors; Phi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society; K - 12 teaching certification.
Member, Claims Prevention and Procedures Council
Member, National Auctioneers Association
- Articles for Antique Prime Magazine and Journal, published by Antique Prime Publications, P.O. Box 142964, Irving, TX 75014-2964
- Articles for AuctionBytes.com Newsletter Updates, published by Steiner Associates, Natick, MA
Distinguished Service Award, International Society of Appraisers, 1998
Marketing Award, International Society of Appraisers, 1999